PEPS is one of the leading CAD/CAM systems. With more than 30 years of practical experience and more than 40,000 installations, PEPS is unparalleled: innovative, machine-independent, CAD-independent and flexible.
NEW: PEPS 8.2
- New user interface
- New machine kinematics simulation
- New high speed milling strategies
The PEPS Wire EDM module has been developed in co-operation with leading CNC-machine tool companies and is continuously improved with new machine functionality. The advanced capabilities of the product make PEPS the market leader in this field, and it is recommended by many machine manufacturers.
- Projection Wizard for the automatic creation of Z-constant geometries
- Simulation including offsetting, demoldability and collision checking
- Automatic threading, cutting and positioning of the wire
- Automatic calculation of the start position, including start hole output
- Constant and variable taper
- Ruled surface machining
- Undercut checking
- Inclined machining
- Tapered and cylindrical pocketing
- Automatic removal of slugs
- Triangular and multiple tagging
- Section offsetting
- Variable Reference Plane Height
- Technology databases for all common machine types
- Lead-in and Lead-out technology
- Operation strategies can be saved for rapid reuse
- Automatic creation of a graphical setup sheets
PROGRAM HIGHLY COMPLEX PARTS IN JUST A FEW SECONDS!
With the Wire-Expert module, everything points towards automation. Automatic feature recognition and automatic creation of machining features – in just a few seconds!
AUTOMATIC FEATURE RECOGNITION OF WIREABLE GEOMETRIES
Wire-Expert searches the imported 3D part for wireable geometries. Accordingly, it is possible to either examine the complete part or to manually select individual geomet-ries, surfaces or edges.
AUTOMATIC CREATION OF THE MACHINING FEATURES
A proposed machining solution will be created for the recognized features. The user has the possibility to allocate existing cutting schemes beforehand or to automatically assign existing cutting schemes using the color recognition. Automatic machining features can be modified, expanded and optimized at a later time without any restrictions.
PEPS offers original technology databases for all common manufacturers. The user can either access the machine databases directly via interfaces, import the machine databases himself or is provided with a database which has already been converted.
SUPPORTED MACHINE CONTROLS
- +GF+ AgieCharmilles CUT P 350, P 550, P 800, P 1250
- AC CUT 20/30/200/ 300/400/E350/E600
- AC Orange/AC Fanuc
OPTIMIZATION IN ALL FIELDS OF
The Slug Retention Module automatically creates markings in cutting plates; these markings prevent the punched-out part (created during the punching process) from sticking to the punch and thus from damaging the cutting tool. This extends the service life of cutting tools significantly
CONTROLLING ADDITIONAL AXES OF ROTATION
PEPS offers the functionality to control additional axes of rotation to provide multi-axial machining during wire EDM. Consequently, it is possible to machine complex work-pieces without any restrictions.
- Maximum taper angle
- Maximum accuracy
- Maximum surface quality
- Machining in one clamping operation
RULED SURFACE POCKETING
Ruled Surface Pocketing enables the machining of ruled surfaces without any slugs. This reduces the programming effort significantly, and the machining operation can be executed without having to be monitored
The projection under an angle enables the machining of variable reference heights. Accordingly, a circumferential cylindrical collar of constant height can be created in the work-piece. The tapered section is calculated by PEPS – it does not have to be included in the construction of the 3D model.
Partial Pocketing is used to combine normal roughing and pocketing. It prevents the creation of slugs during roug-hing, enabling unattended and undisturbed production processes.
To improve the accuracy of fit between punches and dies, this macro modifies the radii contained in a geometry.
PART FIGURE MACHINING
The Part Figure Machining is used to machine geometry sections with different qualities.
TURNING TOOL MODULE
The Turning Tool Module calculates the geometry necessary for the wire EDM of profile turning tools, depen-ding on the cutting angle and the frontal and lateral clearance angle on the turning tool.
TRUE CONTOUR MACHINING
The True Contour Machining is used for the production of industrial dia-monds (PCD). An optional possibility is the automatic nesting of geomet-ries. The machining is executed on the given geometry without radius compensation.
The Solid-Electrode module is used for the creation of electrodes as well as for ma-chining simulations with collision check. In conjunction with the corresponding post-processor, it enables the creation of NC programs for EDM sinker machines.
- Deriving and archiving of 3D electrode geometries
- Modification of the electrode geometry
- Assignment of the solid geometry of the electrode holder
- Archiving of electrode blanks
- Automatic creation of a measuring frame with alignment surface
- Placing the electrodes in the CAMMAN database, including additional information such as position, depth of erosion, electrode ident number, undersize, measure-ment data, program name, name of the roughing/finishing electrode as well as any additional information
- Automatic creation of a graphical setup sheet
The gear module is used to calculate involute gears. The involute can be manipulated very easily by entering a profile shift, the roller distance, testing mass across teeth, tip and root diameter in addition to tip and root radii. Furthermore, the gear module provides all the data and dimensions for machining and inspecting the gear.
- An intuitive user interface resulting in short programming times
- Fully automatic creation of the NC program using integrated feature recognition
- Extensive machining functionality
- Intelligent operation strategies to increase unattended machine run times
- Intelligent post-processors including cycles and subprogram output
- Extensive technology databases
- 3D simulation including collision chec